FIU Online programs ranked among top 50 in the U.S.
Jan 26, 2022, 1:00 PM.
FIU Online, ranked No. 1 in the nation for Quality Matters certified courses, is included among U.S. News and World Report’s top 50 rankings on newly released 2022 lists.
FIU landed at No. 47 for best overall online bachelor’s program among public universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2022 rankings. Seven bachelor's and master's programs were also in the Top 50.
The university is also ranked No. 1 in the nation for Quality Matters (QM) certification of hundreds of its online courses, demonstrating the institution’s enduring commitment to quality and excellence in online learning.
For the 2022 edition, U.S. News and World Report assessed 1,728 online degree programs and ranked 1,646 – both all-time highs, according to the publication. The rankings measure overall academic quality and are across varying disciplines within master's and bachelor’s degree programs.
Through QM certification, online courses are rigorously reviewed to ensure they provide nationally recognized standards in quality assurance and student learning. QM certification is an exhaustive process that reviews more than 40 specific standards in courses, from overview to usability. FIU has more than 500 QM-certified courses, the largest number of certified courses in the nation.
The specific public rankings are as follows:
- Online bachelor's programs ranked as No. 47
- Online bachelor’s business program ranked as No. 13
- Online bachelor’s psychology program ranked as No. 21
- Online bachelor’s veteran program ranked as No. 30
- Online master's business programs ranked as No. 13
- Online master's criminal justice program ranked as No. 19
- Online MBA program ranked as No. 31
- Online master's engineering program ranked as No. 37