Browse answers to some of the most common general questions addressed below. For more information, contact us.
- Whom should I contact if I am interested in developing and teaching an online course?
- Whom should I contact once notified that I will be teaching an online course?
- I'm new to online teaching. Where do I begin and how do I get training?
- What preparation/requirements are required before starting development of my online course?
- How is online teaching different from traditional classroom teaching?
- How many class sessions am I allowed to have on campus for my online course?
- Who is responsible for placing textbook orders for my online courses?
- Will I be able to use another professor's course materials for my online course?
- What is an LMS?
- What if I am unable to log into the LMS and/or I need a password reset?
- Where can I find resources for using tools, software, and the LMS?
- Who do I contact in an emergency if my instructional designer or their course developer is unavailable or unresponsive?
- Why can't I upload my video & audio files directly into the course?
- Why can't my instructional designer update my ETS course shells?
- Whom do I contact if the system is down?
- When should I expect to receive my payment for teaching online this semester?
- If I am conducting an on-campus exam how do I accommodate out of state/country students?
- How often is an instructor expected to log into their course and for how long?
- How can I retrieve or view my student evaluation results at the end of the semester?
- Who should have access to my course?
- Where should final grades be posted?
- How long do the students and faculty have access to a Canvas course after the classes end?
- When do course grades need to be posted to PantherSoft?
Design & Development
- When should my online course be developed?
- How can I handle group work in online courses?
- Can I show videos in an online course?
- How much time should I give students to take a multiple choice test? How many days should it be available?
- What can I do to prevent academic misconduct in my online course?
- What games/activities can I offer in my course?
- Whom do my students contact if they are having technical difficulties?
- What type of special accommodations should be made for students with disabilities?
- A student registered late. When will he/she gain access to his/her fully online course?
- A student has already submitted a paper in Turnitin. He/she realized the wrong file was submitted. How can I allow him/her to resubmit?
- Will FIU Online give support to students who have issues with publisher-hosted material?
No results for that term, please try another keyword or contact us.