Let us know what you think.

We value your feedback. Please let us know below what you think of our new website.

FIU Online Live ChatClose


To receive Veterans G.I. Bill benefits as a student at FIU, you must provide your certificate of eligibility, (sent to the VA). If you are transferring you will need to fill out VA form 22-1995 if you are the Veteran or VA form 5495 for Dependents, and submit a completed Veterans Request for Enrollment Certification Form once you are registered and have finalized your semester schedule to the University's Veterans & Military Affairs Office. (EXCEPTION: Applicants for Chapter 31 must first meet with a USDVA counselor).

Monthly Verification for Chapter 30, 1607, and 1606 recipients

Once you are certified for your benefits, you must verify your enrollment with the VA at the end of each month before you will receive your payment. Be sure that you have verified exact start and end dates for any session classes in which you are enrolled that are shorter or extend beyond the regular semester. To verify your enrollment, go to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or call 1-877-823-2378. If you notice either class dates or credit amounts are incorrect while verifying, please contact the FIU Veteran and Military Affairs Office for assistance.

Eligibility criteria and benefit amounts vary for VA Educational programs from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (USDVA). You'll find explanations of the specifics at the links below: monthly stipends, eligibility periods, financial aid criteria, and any other documentation required to receive benefits.